Sokcho Trip, a trip to the northeast of Korea

It is just an unexpected trip for this summer. Actually, we planned to go to Busan, famous for beautiful beach, during this summer vacation but since we didn’t get free shuttle bus ticket to there, we decided not to go there and go to Sokcho instead.

Waking up in the very early morning, I didn’t expect the sun to shine brightly but strongly wished at least it wouldn’t rain. In spite of what I wished, it was just another rainy day, a heavy one. It took us nearly 2 hours to travel from Incheon to Seoul express bus station by subway. And then we took a bus from the station which took us 3 hours to reach our destination.

Located in the northeast of Korea, Sokcho is also known as one of the famous place in Korea because there are beach and the nearby beautiful mountain known as Seorak-san. The city still attracts many national and international tourists, not only because of Seorak-san, but also because of its fine fishery products. The beach of Sokcho has a good reputation, although it is only open for 42 days every year. The nearby Yeongrangho lake is also renowned for its beauty.

We reached our destination in the afternoon. Then, we took a taxi to Yeongrangho resort, where we stayed. I was really in love with the surrounding views in the resort. It looked so beautiful and fresh. And then we went out to the Sokcho beach. The sea was not that beautiful since it was so cloudy there, but we still changed our clothes and went to swim in the sea. I was almost frozen. It was really cold inside the water. I almost couldn’t stand. I really enjoyed my first day in Sokcho though.

The second day we went to Seorak-san national park. Thank god, it was not raining that day. We took the cable car to the peak of the mountain. I couldn’t stop taking a picture of the view on the top of the mountain. It was amazing beautiful. After spending a few hours there, we went down and headed to another place around there. I and my friend decided to climb up to another part of the mountain to see another magnificent view of stone. Unfortunately, we didn’t reach our destination due to the time limit. However, we reached a place where we could make a 50-ton stone move by pushing. And then we came back. Again, I also enjoyed my second day in Sokcho.     
  








0 comments: