Lucky or Unlucky ?

I hold my breath when my teacher was about to tell who ranked number 1,2 and 3 for this semester. I didn't dare believe it ! I got number 1 for this summer semester. Really excited and happy anyway. At least I didn't waste my effort for this semester as I did in the previous semester.


A moment later, I was told that eventhough I got number 1 but I couldn't get any gifts even a certificate of appreciation because I already got a scholarship to study in Korea. Thus, this position was given to another student. I suddenly found myself speechless in front of my teacher. What I could say was " It is ok ". I almost couldn't bear the situation.


A day after, we all gathered in the hall for the last day. Also, it was the day that gifts and certificate of appreciation were given to good students. Seeing other students getting presents while I was sitting in on the activity made me a bit upset. But, I tried to pretend there was nothing wrong with me. In fact, really upsetted me so much !

5 comments:

Cesar said...

First of all, congratulations!

So there's also students who didn't get the scholarship study there?

For me, it would be ok for not receiving the gift, but why the certificate of appreciation too? It has nth to deal with the scholarship!

However, you don't need to be upset about that! You study hard not to receive gift or certificate, right? It's for your own good! Don't lost hope! Good luck!

Cesar said...

*lose

Heng Rady said...

Thank so much ! Yeb, of course, there are...

either do I. It's ok if they just gave me the certificate of appreciation but didn't give me that ! :((

I just found myself upset on that day but now everything is ok..and I will try my best for the next semester..of course, it's for my own good. fighting ! :)


What's *lose?

Molida said...

congratulation
at the very least you know how great you are...but that's not it. We, your friends, also know how great you are and believe you will always be.

Heng Rady said...

Thank so much !